Recipe of the Month - Spicy Parsnip and Apple Soup
Spicy Parsnip and Apple Soup Recipe
Preparation time- 15 minutes
Cooking time- 45 minutes
Mix the parsnips and apples to make this lovely winter warmer. Adjust the levels of spice and seasoning to taste as everyone has their own preference. Enjoy with some crusty bread on a cold winter's afternoon as you look out to the cold winters day.
- 3 medium sized parsnips
- 2 large potatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium sized apples
- Half of a large leek
- 1 Tsp of cumin, coriander, garam masala
- 1 Tsp of salt and black pepper
- 1 pint of stock
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- Peel and chop the vegetables
- Heat the butter in saucepan
- Add all of the vegetables and fruit and stir well
- Cook until the vegetables soften then add stock and spices
- Reduce the heat and simmer the soup as the vegetables take on the flavours, adding more water and seasoning if need be
- After about 45 minutes the vegetables should be very soft and flavoursome.
- Blend the soup until thick and creamy.